Nano Jewellery

Online jewlery store redesign

Key Duty

User testing
Ux solutions
Site research

The Team

2 UX designers

Tools Used

Adobe XD
Figma
Photoshop
UX principles

My Role

Assistant UX/UI Designer

Duration

February - March 2020

Process

Learn

Background

Define

identify site issues

Design

Design solution

Verify

Testing

Iteration

Site design

The Problem

Nano Jewellery website started developing large customer traffic, yet nearly no purchases were made.

Their product is very innovative but the display on their website made their product description and information misunderstood.​

Project goals

To create an easier way for customers to complete their purchase on the website without contacting the store directly. saving the store time and effort and streamlining the sales channels.

The Process

Site analysis gathering the data from google analytics.
We got a good understanding of our target audience and the issues they were facing.

Usability  Evaluation We did 3 rounds of testing within our target audience.
To pinpoint usability issues that came up in the site analysis and to test future versions.

Results

The end-product resulted in the e-commerce success, and currently, Nano Jewelry does not need to have a physical store, so their business was able to migrate entirely online.

Learn

Framing the problem

I worked with Aline, senior designer, on an overall usability analysis using google analytics.
After reviewing the complete site performances, we talked with the owner about the issues he was facing with the website.
There were a few troubling questions that came up needed urgent answers:
Why is the conversion rate is so low?
Why are so many items send back?
What is the confusion regarding the price and size of items? 

Define

User testing 

We performed user testing with the website’s target audience
and tasked to find different items: Change materials,
purchase jewelry, and express their shopping experience.

Users found the site navigation complex, the overall look felt suspicious and the purchase flow was too extensive and unreliable.
Best selling item (Nano bible) was misread and unwanted.
Change in item variation resulted in price change without the tester noticed. 

Design

Design solutions

User testing revealed that the site lacks credibility and the user found the overall experience to be confusing. We decided to iterate on three main problems:
  • Simplifying site navigation
  • Redesign the sales flow
  • Making the site more reliable and trust wreathy
Home page easy access to best-selling items. The site categories have been narrowed down to different catalogs.
Sales flow purchase involve customized material and chain. users didn’t notice the price changes and a lot of them gave up mid-process.

The new design offered a two-step action so you can see the difference in price before customizing the piece.

Rebranding Making the site more reliable and trust wreathy
for users, we made changes to the look and style of the website.

  • Half the tester found the images unrelatable and fake
  • Items were missing details and information
  • Missing sale credibility and call to action button
Final Design providing the customer detailed infoabout Shipment and authenticity of the items. Changing unreliable models and adding customer testimonials to best-selling items.
Q & A, free shipment and refund 
Shipment availability and store availability 
Genuine images

Certification adding validation to the product

Review section and social proof

Verify

Second testing 

After making the prototype we tested the new design on another group of people.
looking to see how the users react to the new version.
we were overwelled by the results. testers navigated freely and with no struggles.
All of them understood the Nano bible technology, size, and look. The new sales flow made it easy to understand the different variables and prices.
The new design felt natural and authentic to people. 

Iteration

Results & Learnings

Going into the project we could see that the site faces many critical issues regarding navigation, sales flow and, lacks credibility.
That made us do a couple of rounds of testing and iterations before we felt assured of our solutions.
My biggest takeaway from this project is how UX research could save time and money on prototyping.
We didn’t stop testing and iterating until we saw that the solutions solved all the issues we were addressing.